Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011

Work in Progress: Boro Inspired Denim Cloth


Here you see the whole project: A Boro inspired cloth with (very simple) Sashiko stitches all over.
The Japanese craft form called "boro" is a method to reuse worn and torn clothes by adding pieces of leftover fabric, often combined with "sashiko", a traditional technique used to reinforce points of wear, or to repair worn places or tears with patches, using a simple running stitch.
It began with a pair of jeans of my little one that I did not dare to throw - too many sweet memories - so I decided to incorporate it into a cloth project. The idea of a boro jeans bag with cute little pockets for a cell phone - or anything small - was born.
 Everything attached with simple running stitches for stability and structure. Now the cloth is in the washing machine for nicely frayed edges - and because somebody wiped her chocolate stained mouth with it :-D






3 Kommentare:

  1. This is very interesting. Thanks for the links. I have been doing something a bit like that but didn't know the names :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Have you got pictures? I'd love to see what you made!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Well, I have something in my blog but most is still unfinished. It is taking a long time.

    AntwortenLöschen